Now for something completely different: the Dow rising!

10.13.2008
Despite my spiffy Obama pin/shirt combo, I will not be voting for Barack. No, despite the fact that it is Baracktober, despite the fact that I would love to Barack the vote, and despite the fact that I do, absolutely, smell what Barack is cooking, I will not be voting for him.

But I will still be voting NoCain. But with the Libertarian party instead.

Wha?! But you live in Phiwwie!

I know, quell your riotous impulses. But Barack has a 14 point lead in this state, and a bajillion point lead in Philadelphia. Did you see the maddness on Broad Street, or hear the boos at the flyers game as Sarah Sixpack Palin dropped the puck? No, I will not gild this political lily. Instead, I'm going to cast my vote to support a third party.

But why? And what animal will they be?

They will be a giraffe, because its proportions are pleasing yet ridiculous, much like the Libertarians. As to the why: there is so little difference between the two major parties, and variety is the spice of life as well as the political process. It's good for your country, young patriot, as well as your mental health; I am so sick of hearing about only two major parties. I demand more interesting news!

So I encourage a limited number of Philadelphians to do the same. But only a few! Or I'll spoil the election.

0 comments: