O-B-A-M-A

11.04.2008
I am so excited. Obama is leading the pre-count and looks like the winner for tonight.

The winner? God, it's almost as unbelievable as the Phillies winning the Series. Almost. Maybe some more riots for this big win?

But really, I shouldn't be so excited. I know representational democracy is a sham. I know that government is just a tool for the upper-class to impose its will on the lower class. But something about this election, something about Obama, has me wrapped up in the fool's hope that something could actually change. My life could get better, our lives as Americans could get better. We might finally stop the injustices we commit, as a nation, on a daily basis. Maybe someone can finally get the elite in line, maybe someone will start considering the needs of the other classes.

But it's all just dreaming. Even in the best of times, I'm not sure that could ever happen. But it won't quell the oil greasing my stomach telling me that this, for some reason, is a good thing.

0 comments: